Monday, February 7, 2011

It's Monday night already?














I can't believe how the weeks fly by. The blog is definitely on my mind throughout the week and I have to say that it does motivate me to go out when I could easily curl up on the couch at home and catch up on recorded shows. This past weekend was spent down in the Ft. Lauderdale area with my family as we "sprinkled" my sister in law in celebration of my future niece. A sprinkle as I learned is a baby shower for those who just had babies. Hmm good to know but if I get to one shower at my age that will be good. Heck I'll just go for one big splash in the pool if that helps! The theme was all about pink candy including an elaborate "candy bar" put together by yours truly and my mom. The event was fun and we all can't wait to meet Ms. Kennedy when she arrives early March. She couldn't wait just a bit longer to be an Aries like her Aunt Dee but that's ok one Aries is enough per family.

That night, truly inspired by the blog, I met up with a former co-worker who moved down to Lauderdale by the Sea. The S. Fl area has so much to offer in terms of restaurants, bars, people watching that I really don't take advantage of the area when I'm down there. I was so happy MC wanted to get together and check out Las Olas Blvd. It was a perfect S. FL night high 70's (I hear it's snowing somewhere???) not here. The restaurants were packed with outdoor diners eating, sipping wine and what else people watching. We had our recommended list of stops from a friend of hers and after strolling and peeking into a few places we started at Solita a great restaurant and bar with great music. We sat at the bar, caught up and what else do you do in S Fl - people watch. After a drink we tried one more spot YOLO (you only life once). True to S Fl fashion, the fancy cars were purposely parked up front and the velvet rope with bouncers head to toe in black were out. The locals were huddled around a huge fire pit although it was still in the 70's. We decided that this was the night for scouting out places for my next trip. YOLO seems to be a good happy hour place we determined based on the location of office buildings in the area, but that night seemed to be date night. We hung out for awhile and then called it a night by midnight.

Heading home on the drive back Sunday, I was thinking about all that we packed into a short 48 hours. I also knew that I already had made plans for tonight (Monday) so I was already thinking ahead to what could be in store.

Tonight was a kickoff event for the United Arts of Central Florida's annual fundraising event. The event was held at the Grand Bohemian Hotel in downtown Orlando. I met up with my friend Danielle who serves on an art board with me. The party was full with all sorts of local art supporters and local officials. There were even a few local artists painting and performing throughout the party. A good Monday night out with a different type of crowd. As I sat there and listened to the mayor speak, I looked around the room and was proud of the support our local community gives to the arts. It's nice to finally be known for more than just a home for the "mouse". Danielle and coordinated calendars as we typically do and figured we have time to squeeze in a happy hour soon. Looking forward to that.

That's it for now. Stay tuned for next weeks update which includes a random trip to Raleigh for the weekend! Mary and I are off on a random adventure that all I know includes dinner and a show. The rest is wide open. Get out and enjoy the week! I hope my girls in Atlanta are doing the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment